Family & Community Liaison
Jose Martinez-Castellanos: 720-424-0462, se habla español, is Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Early College’s Family & Community Liaison.
He is here to help parents feel welcome and to find support resources for students and families.
Mr. Martinez-Castellanos can offer support in the following areas:
- Facilitate a parent teacher conference
- Identify resources in the community
- Answer any questions you have about the school
- Connect parents to volunteer opportunities
There are several parent committees here at MLK:
- The Parent Advisory Committee: This committee meets regularly to plan school-wide events for MLK students and their families
- The ELA Parent Advisory Committee: This group helps us better serve our students learning English as a second language by building a parent community
Parent Portal is a quick link on the Early College website where parents/guardians can track your student’s class schedule, teachers’ posting of homework and grades, student attendance, and much more.
For more information, visit https://myportal.dpsk12.org/Pages/default.aspx
If you have specific questions regarding Parent Portal, please contact our [Family & Community Liaison: Jose Martinez-Castellanos]
Parent volunteers are always welcome at the Early College. Various areas can use the additional support of parents. To find out more information about volunteering, please contact the Family & Community Liaison.