- Oversee implementation of CDE Early College designation
- Monitor college readiness programs and report to key stakeholders that includes: problem diagnosis, analyzing data, facilitating action steps, supporting change, and reflecting on results
- Coordinate with stakeholders in designing professional development and policies for CE readiness
- Provide logistical support in instructional rounds design and the implementation team.
- Assist in monitoring, maintaining, and reporting on budgets devoted to the CE program
- Communicate all aspects of CE program development and results: website, newsletter, calendar creation, and other important information.
- Develop status reports on school-based implementation of CE program.
- Oversee and assist in creation, collection, and submission of student CE paperwork as required by the district, the partner institution, and the state.
- Work closely with high school counselors to align post-secondary pathways and courses
- Assist teachers with the CE adjunct faculty process
- Maintain effective communication/collaboration with district personnel and DMLK
- Perform other duties as assigned
My name is Brian Cochran, and I am from Lakewood, Colorado. I earned my undergraduate degree, a B.A. in English with a minor in Secondary Education, from Metropolitan State University of Denver. I earned my post-graduate degree, an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in English, from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
I began my undergraduate studies as a Business major but I found myself disliking the majority of my courses; however, I enjoyed nearly every session of my English courses, so I became an English major. I also decided to undertake a Secondary Education minor and discovered that I enjoyed interacting with high school students and helping them discover their potential and voice.
I joined DMLK in the first of the new high school in 2006 and have thoroughly enjoyed the last eleven years in these halls. My greatest joy comes from hearing from former students talk about my courses helping them in college, and I want to make sure that our current and future students are prepared for the rigors presented on their college or university campus.