School Governance Board
The School Governance Board The School Governance Board (SGB) is an advisory board responsible for modifying or creating systems and structures within the school. Innovation status states that although DMLK is a district managed school, they may waive some of the district policies, state statutes and collective bargaining agreements which allows DMLK to design and implement innovative practices in a wide variety of areas for the purpose of improving student achievement. Through innovation status, the Early College has flexibility to govern ourselves in a way that keeps us focused on our mission.
- Our SGB is responsible for ensuring that programs that we adopt, personnel we hire, schedules we set, and policies we implement are vetted and scrutinized to insure they are beneficial to our students.
- We are intervening to demonstrate proficiency, accelerating when possible, teaching in a culturally responsive manner, and providing equity to a community that is economically and educationally disadvantaged.
Innovation status has enabled us to customize our leadership team. We have unique positions (which could change based on the needs of our school) such as restorative justice coordinator and ILT’s who can quickly, efficiently, forcefully, innovatively, and professionally steer our faculty and staff toward best practices for our students.
SGB Members 23-24
- Cristina Bissell/ Interim Principal
- CJ Smith/Principal Designee
- Pamela Leonidas/Social Studies
- Caitlin Vallalar/HS Science
- Maria Crouse/High School Math
- Emily Sevier/Humanities
- Beth Juhnke/English
- Lupita Ojeda/ELD
- Lori Presley/Electives
- Alicia Roman/Special Education Representative
- Estefany Montoya/School Support Representative
- Tyressa Reeves/Classified Employee Representative
- Tim Boylan/DCTA
- Kelly Mizerak/Intervention
- Emily Sevier/6th Grade
- Kelty Clothier/7th Grade
- Shanyra Foster/8th Grade
- Lacy Armstrong/Parent Representative
- Andrea Vondracek /Board Facilitator (nonvoting)